SOCK SOCK SOCK

By JAK - July 11, 2018

I am kinda mad right now fam.
Like really angry, but its fine just knowing that I am writing right now makes me calm already. My friend is acting up and I am very pissed about it. Many people in the world live off taking other people for granted.
We have reached a level where it seems as though we SUCK in a lot of crap from people(as if inhaling all the exhaust smoke from all these cars on Lagos roads is not okay, my friend wants to add his own rubbish).
This concept of sucking in crap is a motivation to finally write this long over due post of mine.

The Socks Way.
I called my sister earlier in the year and told her that I totally believe that socks are an underrated accessory especially in female fashion. She concurred and said it will be a very well worn trend very soon.
My first real life experience with socks would probably be when I was born. I watched my brother squirm for the first time the day he was born as the nurse brought him in to tell my dad

" Oga, congratulations you will give us wine oh. It is a boy"

As if it was the first time my dad had a child. I really have not been able to place my fingers on why most Nigerians value male children more than female children. With this experience I was able to conclude that I wore my first pair of socks the day of my birth.

 I went on to wear more socks as I began my primary education. Then we would wear a clean pair of white socks. The classic princess look with a pink bow at the fold of my socks. Secondary school proved a different point altogether as I quickly ported from white socks to grey as my proprietress was convinced that for adolescent children white socks was not the best option. 

I honestly could not wait to go into the university as Nollywood tried to convince me that I would not have to wear socks anymore as a tertiary education student. They spoke the truth actually. I went off to school and of course as expected had no reason to wear socks anymore.

Recently, I got the urge to wear socks again when I started wearing sneakers a lot and decided to also try it out on a few other shoes. I loved the impact the socks gave my look. I looked like some cool kid really. I am going to show you a few more ways you can try the socks trend ladies while still looking cool and collected. Trust me it is also a very androgynous trend.

Here are a few things to feed your eyes on:

1. The Fishnet socks:
  The fishnet socks is one socks I am totally in love with. It is amazing because it is suitable for whatever look. You can wear it with a suit, sneakers, stilettos and even boots. It is the classic all rounder when it comes to socks.






2. Ankle length socks
This was a cool kid signature in high school. It seemed like the cool kids all wore ankle socks and actually they were very cool. These I think works best with sneakers however. To give off just enough glimpse of skin and still cover a bit of ankle.






















3. The Thigh high socks
 These socks were another cool kid socks back in my high school as well. We wore these beautiful short pleated skirts as our sports wear and the shortness of the skirt made the knee length socks just a beauty. You can try those out with short skirts or even short flay dresses.








4. The Crew Length Socks
These are my favorite because I can modify them anyhow I like. They are also the socks that makes the biggest statement and they are very beautiful if worn as the major statement piece of your outfit.


























Here are a few other socks inspirations I think is really nice. They are mostly worn with oxfords, brogues, loafers or heeled shoes.

























I won't be a preacher with no proof. So yeah I tried the socks thing too. I think it went pretty well.






















Do you think you would like to try out socks in an unconventional way.
 Maybe wearing it with your suit skirt to work.
Please do leave your comments down below.
 I would love to hear how you paired your socks.

Love,
JAK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments