J is for JAK

By JAK - March 01, 2020




"If the purpose of a thing is  not known abuse is inevitable".

currently listening to High Hopes by Panic at the Disco



WELCOME TO THE JAKTIONARY


As a child the idea of writing excited me without end. I would often help my school mates copy notes in exchange for some other thing. Fast forward to the end of Junior High I had started poetry. It was what kept me sane for many hard years. With each passing year I became more passive with my emotions and more expressive on the podium. It was easy to lead a class or make a presentation to a ton of people but I could not express my simplest emotions. Writing was my only way in or out. It was the best friend I did not have for many years. I told my pen every way I felt and in turn it would tell the paper. On and on we went for years.
I had slowly lost myself in a fast moving world. I had no friends so I trusted only myself and my pen. I did not even know who I was. The only thing I knew was I was a writer. In writing I found fulfillment. 

I got my first laptop in my second year in University, I soon turned to the movies. I would watch movie after movie and soon made many on screen friends. I cry a lot so it was easy to let out how I felt with my friends on my screen. 


In reality I was just a girl who could not express herself. It  was in these times I developed a new coping mechanism, I became a people pleaser. I would be whatever you needed me to be just so we would get along. By this time I had lost all that was me absolutely.


Last year - 2019, I had a turn around. I had just come out of a hard time in my life (I would call it a spoon of depression) and felt more lost than ever when I had a talk with my mentor and my best friend. After talking to them I discovered all I had been going through wasn't who I was or who I had to be. I had the power to be so much more. I could be the best version of myself while being the a real friend to real people as well. I didn't have to hide myself behind the curtain of pleasing people. It was in this time that The Jaktionary was born; My journey to self definition. 


I have made so many mistakes, learnt many lessons and experienced a second chance to be a better version of who and what I am and can be. 


The Jaktionary is a journal and a dictionary. It addresses the issue of SELF. It brings my love for movies, music, fashion, books, lifestyle and research into one place and translates them into tips to be the better version of yourself. This is our purpose: Defining self through everyday lifestyle.


My name is JAK 



Once again, WELCOME TO THE JAKTIONARY!!!!!!!

You can also read this post here, to know more about Jak and the Jaktionary.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments