A MINUTE AND SOME MORE

By JAK - March 01, 2021

 Hi babies,

A happy new month from me to you and it has definitely been a minute.


I promised myself that this month I will do the needful. 


 GUESS WHAT?

The blog turned one yesterday and I am especially grateful for the awesome year I have had with you. The year did not go exactly as planned but it was a great year. 


I took all my L's. 


I do not have a lot of things to say right now but I decided I will share three major lessons from blogging in the past year. 


LESSON 1

Just because you enjoy and want it does not mean it will lead to success.

What do I mean?

For the longest time, I wanted a blog and I enjoy writing and content curation but as much as that goes it isn't enough to be great or the best. You have to employ three really good friends of mine to get good success and be the best; Discipline, Diligence, and Determination.

During the course of the year, I was very determined some months but realized I lacked discipline and Diligence and so I fell back into the web of creative block and thus did not perform as I wanted to.


LESSON 2

It does not have to be perfect for you to start, do the necessary plan and begin your journey. Learn on the journey instead.

For the most part, I love to ensure everything is pretty perfect before I begin anything. It is nice to want perfection but the truth is practice is what actually makes perfect so if you do not practice, you cannot attain that perfection. You cannot also practice without a platform which is why you have to learn (practice) on the job.


LESSON 3

Jealousy is real but everybody has a different journey.

I have enormous dreams and try my best to plan as much as possible but there are things that just make you feel like you are absolutely doing nothing. 

Don't judge me. I get jealous too because I am human. When you see your guys doing so much better than you in a particular season it can make you feel super low and unmotivated.

The take-home, however, is that every man is on his own journey and the nature of each journey differs, and as such it will pay to mind your business. If someone on the road has a flat tire, it is very okay to stop by and assist but do not feel down or low because of someone else's journey. 

Just as our faces are different, so is everyone's story. Do the best you can do and leave the rest to  God but be sure that you have given it the best of your efforts. 


My friend said I write textbook-length posts so I am trying shorter-length posts. 

Do you agree that the posts are too long?

What are the lessons you've learned this year thus far?

What kind of blogposts will you like me to put out?


Have a blessed and productive month.

All my love,

Jak

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments