How to Accessorize Menswear with Feminine Accessories

By JAK - October 11, 2021

Wikipedia describes an accessory as an item used to contribute in a secondary manner to an individual's outfit. Often time, an accessory is used as the completing addition to a look. 

To me however, an accessory is a statement. It is that piece I add to tell you I am not like any one else. This school of thought I belong to can easily be portrayed by the numerous who wore it better challenges you see on the internet. No two people style themselves the exact same way, even when they wear the exact same outfit.

Who wore it better?



I am a huge fan and lover of androgyny and I believe with more awareness it will become much easier for fashion lovers who would like to try something different to embrace a different style than they are used to. 

Fashion accessories can be worn or carried. Popular examples of accessories include jewelry, bags, shoes, belts, umbrellas, eyewear, etc. The list is very long. 

For this post, I will be concentrating on bags. 

I met a guy sometime in September and I was fascinated by his simple but amazingly put-together style. He wore a grey top, a pair of skinnies, and these chunky boots that won't leave my head. To add spice to his outfit, he carried this beautiful baguette.

 

In my head, I went "Okurrrrrr, Who is this guy?"

Immediately, I was fascinated and just curious as to what the proponents of his style could be. I had the rare privilege of having a conversation with him and the rest they say is history. I went on to write this post so I must say the meeting was a success. 

Now, as a guy, if you're looking to add a little spice to your outfit, I would advice you to add a "feminine purse". Personally, I do not consider these bags feminine but for lack of a better presentation in our culture I have to call them feminine bags. 


I would like to give you a few tips when considering accessorizing with "feminine accessories"

1. Always ensure that the bag is given the center of attraction position.

By this, I mean the bag should be the piece that stands out the most in your outfit. You can tone down every other thing going on with your outfit and put all the focus on your bag.




2. It makes a better statement when it is worn as a strap, carried as a pouch or a baguette bag.


Strap


Pouch


Baguette


3. Wear a colorful version of the bag to draw maximum attention to it.


For other inspirations you can draw when looking to style your outfit with "feminine bags". I have curated a few looks below. 















I really hope this post inspires you to move a little outside your fashion comfort zone.

What topics in men's fashion would you like me to talk about or drop tips on. Drop your opinions in the comment section, let's make magic and stay inspired. 

All my Love,

JAK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments