BLOGGERS I AM GRATEFUL TO : STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS

By JAK - June 05, 2020

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants".
Isaac Newton

If I did not learn anything from my Total Man Concept classes in Covenant University; this quote stung like a soldier ant to my feet on a wet spread of grass. First time I heard the quote, I was super inspired and I felt really challenged to have a better life.



Fast forward to 2018 when I started my first blog; I had just learnt about Blogger in an Entrepreneurship Development Class in my 400 level and I was beyond excited because I could finally channel my inner Arianna Huffington while living the poet life of Rupi Kaur. I thought I needed almost my school fees worth to start a blog and had never bothered to check if there were any free blog hosting platforms.

When I started that blog, I was just excited to be sharing my opinion on different things. Nothing else mattered. I made so many mistakes and didn't even know I was making mistakes. Then I spoke to my sister who introduced me to the world of reading blogs. I started reading these blogs I will share with you and that is how I have landed here on this new blog.

This post is an appreciation for having the best of the best to look up to. Without them I might not have the necessary confidence to push through when the chips are down.

1. Assumpta Idaka @an.idaka

I would definitely not be bothered about anything in this world without this babe. She has been a strong support system. A partner in fashion crimes and my big sister. She has always been there to pick me when I feel low and help me stand back up. She runs a blog called MY VHANTAGE POINT. She is physically challenged but still tells her perspective to fashion on this platform. She is a real good writer and squeezes many a juices.




2. Cassandra Ikegbune @ cassiedaves

Assumpta introduced me to Cassie Daves blog. I hadn't heard of her before that time. But my sister insisted that reading her blog would be a super important investment I needed for my blog journey if I meant any business. Best part was if you DM'd her for any newbie blogger questions she gave the warmest responses and paved the road to my opinion that all Celebrities aren't in their own world but were humans like the rest of us. She made me go check out her blog and I got glued to it. It was then that I figured I had been making a lot of mistakes and decided to start making changes around my blog. She queried that in this age and time resources are at our disposal to make minimal mistakes and do better than the others who have gone ahead of us in the blogger journey. She runs a blog of course called CASSIE DAVES. This blog is literally a beginner blogger guide. If you're contemplating starting a blog, her blog might be one of the most useful resources you will come across. The blog has also birth The Cassie Daves Blog Planner which I use and which has totally transformed my approach to blog post scheduling.


3.  Grace Alex @t2pitchy

I think I found out about Grace Alex while scrolling through Cassie's Instagram feed. So I found myself reading her blog. She had a very homely way she wrote and she used blogger for her web hosting at that time. I was using blogger too. So I really wanted to figure out how to do better since I had found someone was was using it and doing well for that matter. I would spend hours reading her posts and learning different things about fashion and life and schooling outside Nigeria. She runs a blog called GAFASHION - THEGRACEALEXFASHIONBLOG



4. Sola Fagbemi @solafagbemi

I met Sola in school when I was still in Covenant University. I always wanted to meet her because I loved the way she styled so many pieces in the most fashionable way while we were in school. To a good extent she inspired me to dress outside the box when I was in school. I finally met her during a conference in school and she was very warm and exuded the most amazing confidence you can imagine. My joy knew no bounds when I found out she had a blog. I scurried over there and consumed all the content she had. She's a creative genius on every level. If you follow her on Instagram you will always see something amazing going on there. She hosts a podcast as well as a YouTube channel. I told you, you can't get enough.



5. Mabel Ozumba  @the_stylelinguist

I saw her for the first time in Covenant University too. She was a show stopper. I would look forward to what she would wear every Sunday. She never disappointed. I cannot remember exactly how I found out about her blog but I know I was a big follower. I loved her non cliche style and her style of writing. I am a language lover so I loved her blog title even more - THESTYLELINGUIST. If you want some out of this space fashion inspiration. You have to follow her on Instagram. 



6. Subomi Salami @subomisalami

Subomi was in my set in the university but she convoked before me because I studied Engineering so my program was for five years. When she was convoking I came across a poll for best bloggers in my set and that was how I found out about her blog. She had a series where she did Girl Empowerment. She also puts out very helpful lifestyle tips and beginner blogger tips too. That's how I learnt that using a white theme on your blog will help your reader see your message better and it makes it really neat. She runs a blog called OLASUBOMI.COM


7. Sayedero Enytan @thefashionengineer

This blogger is a league of her own. She hosts a blog that has won several awards. Like she is the big leagues guys. One thing she did was show me the power of writing. Her blog is like a magazine with numerous categories. I would say less and ask that you head over to her blog called THEFASHIONENGINEER and see for yourself.



If there is one thing I believe in its having role models to look up to. These aren't all the bloggers I am particularly grateful to. Stay tuned for part two. This is just a means for me to acknowledge the people I look up to. You should absolutely check out their Instagram handles and blogs. All of these people are linked in the post by this font color. Just click and enjoy. 

Till my next post,
All my Love,
JAK. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments