THE GIANTS : PART TWO

By JAK - June 22, 2020



Hi guys, 

I hope you have been great since the last post I had out. So a few weeks ago I did a mini appreciation post telling you about all the bloggers who I could not have started this journey without. These guys deserve major accolades because just by reading their blogs or following their content,I learnt so much. The real amazing part of this group is I know one or two of these bloggers personally and they have not only inspired me through their blogging but they have inspired me in person. 


Without further ado,
Let's meet the giants.

1. SANITA IFEOMA AMADI @siainstyle

She is also known as SIAINSTYLE or SIS if you follow her blog. I learnt about Ifeoma from a blog I used to frequent back in the day too. I decided to go check her out particularly because I liked her instagram handle back then (it was @thesvnflower). I always wondered who she was. I mean if her name was that cool then she must be even cooler. That was when I decided to follow her blog and since then it has been bookmarked on my laptop just so that I can always click a link and read her new posts. She writes beautifully and warmly. Her instagram handle now is even more impressive and if there was an award for instastories then we definitely have ourselves a winner. It is my goal to meet her soon and profess my love for her. She has definitely thought me so much about content creation since I crossed social media paths with her.



2. VALERIE EGBUNIWE @valerieegbuniwe

Valerie has always been in the big leagues to me as she had some of the fastest social media results I had seen from someone I have actually met one on one. Right from the year she started her blog, she immediately became the top shot blogger back in school. When I decided to start my blog, I decided to go learn from someone who had results to show and I must say I was not disappointed. She is a big Nigerian brand right now as she is very passionate about ensuring that fashion and tech are not two extremes but have a smooth blend with a touch of lifestyle. Her blog is called VALERIE EGBUNIWE




3. DENOLA GREY @denolagrey

This is the only guy on my list and that is not a surprise to me because he is one of the biggest androgynous men style influencers in Nigeria and I am a sucker for androgyny. I fell in love with his writing style, fashion style and general blog aesthetics. Like you guys have to check out his blog. I promise you won't regret it. He has a most amazing personality when you read his blog. I learnt so much from him and I am grateful to be born in a time when I get to look up to stars like Denola. His blog is DENOLAGREY.COM


4. ALEXANDRA ZION OMOGBADEGUN @alexandrazion

This one I love with my whole heart. Forget for one second that she is a blogger, she is such an amazing creative and one of the most amazing persons I boast of knowing. Alex has the biggest heart and she is one of those people who will forever receive my thanks. She has supported me in more ways than she can imagine. Right from Covenant University till now she has been a tremendous support system whether she is aware or not. Alex also thought me the power of Niche. She has an English degree and what she does with her blog and podcast using her background is incredible.  She blogs at ALEXANDRAZION.COM 



5. AMARACHI 'ALMA' ASINOBI @almaasinobi

This babe just started blogging about a month or so before I launched this blog and in that short period of time I learnt so much from her. She runs a creche for creatives on Instagram called THE STORY SCHOOL and I kid you not she has the most incredible way of teaching. She is someone I hope to famz to becoming a friend but that aside you should check out her blog - ALMAASINOBI.COM and instagram. You would leave there feeling a breath of fresh air. She has the most incredible messages and the way she communicates them, simply amazing.



6. ONYINYECHI ANOZIE @iamyeychii

She is living, walking and breathing content. She is very close to my heart because just around the time when she started her blog back in the day, She saw me one Sunday in school and commented on a two piece suit I had made. Then I didn't know who she was but it makes me incredibly excited when years later she became a blogger revolution helping Nigerian students and creatives live better lives and she makes balance look like a joke. She runs a business where she makes student planners and also a YouTube channel where she serves the most useful juices. Her blog is called IAMYEYCHII.COM.



7. NONYE UDEAGHA @thisthingcalledfashionn

If you think it is not possible to become very successful in a short time, Nonye will surely change your mind. She has a spectacular sense of style, a trademark pretty smile and tremendous social media reach. I use her blog as a manual, no lie and this is because I believe that I can see farther by standing on the shoulders of those who have gone before me. She is one blogger I would also recommend you follow for authentic fashion content. I found out about her after seeing a picture of her on a popular Nigerian photographer, John Durodola's Instagram page. Since then I have not looked back. Her blog is titled THISTHINGCALLEDFASHION


There you have it guys. The champions whose shoulders I am resting on. I hope to meet each one one day as a successful blogger too. This post will not be complete if I do not add the last person.

8. ALL OF YOU

Yes loves. You all are the reason I won't stop writing and thinking of better ways we can live on the earth productively and contentedly. You all are the jaks that hold me up when I need a check and servicing. You are the sugar that makes my tea very sweet and I want to say a big thank you and I love you very very much.

If you would like to know more about these bloggers just click the links to their Instagram handles or Blogs. All the links are in ORANGE. Have a lovely week. Also, I would love to know how you have been doing, so please leave a comment in the comment section telling me how you have been holding up throughout this tough period. 

Till my next post,
All my love,
JAK.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments