ON MENTAL HEALTH: INSECURITIES REGARDING SEXINESS

By JAK - May 05, 2020






"


What is Sexy?

Sexy is neither nakedness nor nudity 
It is knowing your worth 
It is being confident about you 
It is enjoying every phase you go through in life 
It could be expressed in humility and openness too corrections 
It is seen also as being happy with your body size, shape and figure 
It is believing in you, encouraging yourself and not giving up 
It can be used as a tool to show love to others 
It requires that you are hyping yourself 
It is loving you 
I love me, I hope you love you too 
SEXY IS ME COS I SAY SO

"



By

Bukola Oladejo

When I got the entry  for this piece, I decided to check out a little about the topic. It is very shocking that more emphasis is placed on women for whatever reason. But you my dear male friends will agree with  me that the issue of sexiness cuts across both genders. It seems like the body shaming and sexiness insecurity is felt more by women. HELL NO! We all feel insecure at some point male or female.


I grew up feeling like the ugliest human in the room and it was a huge insecurity, I hated people staring at me and other things. My point is it may seem like one gender needs to feel wanted and seen as attractive and so, but however you look. Sexy isn't just about the way your body looks. It is so much more. The word depicts a tendency to sexual activity and appealing looks but it is a mindset, it is the way you carry yourself, it is the way your mind works. I have asked myself severally how these dictionary guys came up with their definitions and to be honest I am not 100% sure. However, I want you to know that you can define your own words, give your own concepts your meaning. As long as you do it with the right reasons and without trying too harm another it is allowed. 

Dear male, you are sexy. Whatever and however this message is for you too.

So, I put it to you today that you are not just Sexy you are you and you is everything your mind permits you to be. 

Selah.


All my Love,
JAK  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. The word 'sexy' connotes attractiveness especially as it pertains to sexual activity. Unfortunately society tends to view sexiness from our collective vanity. It's all about the physical features. However, those preferences tend to change over time. I've seen the epitome of sexiness go from victoria Beckham to Heidi Klum to Kim K to Niki Minaj to Kylie. Its unfortunate that we let these microexpressions of sexual attraction cover the entire spectrum.

    In reality, a host of this determine what is sexy to an individual. It might be as quirky as the shape of nose to as crazy as walking gait or even money.

    We are all sexy in many ways to different people. Unfortunately we may also be repulsive to some people as well but that's just the way the world works. The most important thing to be sexy to ourselves and appreciate our wins. Let your mind be tickeled by the compliments thrown your way. Love yourself. You are mindblowingly beautiful. I'm sure if half the people around you had confidence you'd be swarmed with lovers 😂😂.

    Thank you for this piece. Just thought to contribute my two cents.

    ReplyDelete