STYLE 101: 4 WAYS TO STYLE THE YEMI DRESS

By JAK - April 08, 2020

Hi lovelies,

It has been way too long since I've been this way and I do not like it. My consistency has been on the floor and I apologize for that. But since we are stuck at home I would like to give you a simple style combination for one of my favorite designs . I present to you the YEMI dress. I designed it in 2019 for my alma mater's annual College dinner with the theme Ówambe Reloaded. I style this dress in four different ways and exciting thing is each style has its very own unique vibe. 

Let's begin.

1. Mall date / Brunch outing:


This is an exciting way to style the dress, wearing it with a pair of bell bottom trousers cos it adds the necessary amount of Oooomph while still being laid back and appropriate for a casual affair like a brunch or for grocery shopping. 



Dress: @Le Dak
Bell bottom trouser: Thrifted
Shoes: @Mango
Bag: Mama gave it to me 
Belt: Lagos Island Market 

2. Wedding guest:
If you have a wedding and you're not given the asoebi, you've got yourself a perfect outfit to draw all the wedding guest attention you need as a fashion enthusiast. Styling the dress with a matching scarf adds all the extra African wedding guest feel you need. 

Catch here is ; you can style this particular Wedding guest look in two ways :
  • You can style it with the front flap 
  • OR
  •  You can style the flap as a belt also leaving it as a short and long dress at the same time. 



Dress: @Le Dak
Shoes: Lagos Island Market
Bag: Thrifted

3. Take it to church:
The best thing about this dress is that it has a low back. Most churches might think it's a lot of skin but there's a really easy fix for this. Wearing it with a shawl or cape. Good thing about being a designer who styles too ; is I can make adjustments that will make your dress very easy to wear however you want to wear it. So the dress comes with buttons in the front you can pin your cape unto.




Dress: @Le Dak
Shoes: Thrifted
Cape: @Le Dak

4. Office Slay Queen:
Most offices look forward to what the office fashion queen will wear. Styling this dress with a clean plain white shirt gives you the premium office work wear while giving off an "they never experrerit" vibe. 


Dress: @Le Dak
Shoes: Thrifted
Belt: My sister
Bag : Thrifted
Shirt: Thrifted

There you have it lovelies. My little piece on how I styled The YEMI dress. I would love suggestions on other ways you would style the dress. Hope everyone is home and safe in this period. 
Here's a social distancing reminder to stay home and safe while maintaining social distance from Unfold (one of my fave editing apps). 









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. This is beautiful Mama....
    Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much baby girl. I am super glad to be able to put out content

      Delete
  2. My baby girl. This is really beautiful.
    Welldone sistur

    ReplyDelete