WAKA WAKA CHRONICLES: TIPS FROM MY FIRST DATE

By JAK - April 26, 2020

With the lock down and everything happening in our world right now. There is an abundant amount of time to reminisce on a lot of things. In the spirit of missing the outdoor life we had. I will like to share with you my first "date "experience.

So, BISTRO 7 it was,


I had a really nice time. It was a new guy actually one I didn’t think I’d really like. He seemed like the crazed workaholic I was trying so hard to not be. Well, it’s a gradual process and it’s pretty notable that He liked food but didn't eat so much. 

Bistro 7 was a lot of mixed feelings for me. The aesthetic was nice and detailed actually. We chose the center table close to some wall. This wall actually.


It didn’t feel like a date at all. Got more of a hangout vibe .With all the endless rants about needing a blanket in case I didn’t  finish eating that day. I kept me feeling extremely shy but at home with the guy. 

So I talked a whole lot. I kept feeling a bit as though I’d talked too much usually I’d rather do the listening. Got out little info basically because he kept asking a lot of questions and in my childish way, I just kept blurting whatever came to mind. He was a really nice guy. He said he’s was a gentleman( but who nose, no one nose).


I’m getting better and I've gotten a lot better now. I couldn’t believe anything that proceeded from a mans mouth. Not that I saw them as liars but more like I felt they just had either a lot of sarcasm to offer or generally exaggerated a lot. They still do but I’m more trusting now.

For some reason I felt like talking about my first big actual restaurant experience. It wasn’t exceptionally out of this world. I had visited a couple of fancy restaurants with my parents when I was younger but I can’t even put the pieces together since I was so young.

But it was really nice to bond with someone. Especially one that sees things through a different lens than you. 

I would hence highlight a couple of things I wish I knew a little earlier and tips in ensuring you have a very nice outing at a fancy restaurant when the lock down is over.

I think it’s very nice that they do not give like a time span for eating each meal or I’d have been thrown out that day. 

one

Always leave your house looking quite appealing. By appealing I do not mean necessarily SEXY or extravagant. But one fashion quote that works for me is dress everyday as if you’re already famous.  Based on my factors I’m not there yet but I’m working on it. So I try to dress in such a way that I won’t feel less no matter who it is I meet during the period of the outing.


two

Make sure to have a precise or at least little idea of the kind of food served in those kind of restaurants. Unless you’re very conversant with different menus you’d find it a little hard to choose what to eat. I could be very selective when it comes to certain things. I intend to improve this as sometimes I miss out on a very delicious meal.



three

Even if you don’t dig anything try to at least have something. It begins to seem a little impolite if you refuse to have anything and ask for water like I did at first. It won’t hurt if you ask for probably a bowl of curry sauce or steamed rice. So much for restaurant food jargon. 


four

While eating be considerate of the people you are eating with. Do not eat for about 2 weeks. I ate my chips for a really long time. If not that I went out with a gentleman he’d most likely have gotten angry. If you’re a snail speed eater like me then opt for something a little faster to finish. We had a lot more to do that day yet I was eating as tho I was on a slowest eater wins competition.


five

Take pictures and sincerely enjoy yourself. I did enjoy myself but one thing I regret was not taking a lot of pictures. No one can verify if I really went there since there was no register at the restaurant and no pictures of me actually being there. But don’t worry I have no reason to lie. That evening I went home feeling really fulfilled. Even though I had mostly spent my time talking and eating. 

This is one thing I had hoped to do while in Lagos during my internship ; visit a nice restaurant and write about my experience. My friend made it happen sooner than I expected. Also, I finally had chips and chicken. It was really hard deciding what to have. I’m grateful for the experience. I hope this will begin many other waka waka chronicles.


I’d like to hear about you first exotic restaurant experience and I’d also like suggestions on other really nice and affordable restaurants I can visit in Lagos Island. Have a lovely week my lovelies.

Love,

JAK.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments