DEFINING MOMENTS: JULY IN A NUTSHELL

By JAK - August 10, 2020

 Hi family,

My weekend was lovely. I got my work mojo back and I am looking forward to having a very eventful month even though a full week has gone by. July was my toughest month in the year so far but I believe I have learnt the best lessons as well. Stay tuned for the full gist. 


July started on a high remember in this post here, I was super excited that I had found my faith and my life was slowly getting back to order and falling together. 

Fast forward to week two and my friend blessed me with one of the best gifts I like. I am an Ibo woman at heart. I don't play with my MULA(Ego). I was able to buy so many things I had on my shopping list. It's not exactly splurging if you have been planning and saving to get it sha. 

Then move to week three and I got scammed. It broke me real badly. I was not myself for a long time. I was worried I would have panic attacks but thankfully I still kept my faith in God alive and did not pass on to glory. Long story short, I never got back my money from the swindlers but I am back and better and ready to join the EFCC to fight and eventually stop crime. 

July is a month I would not forget in a hurry. It taught me to trust God, be transparent with my friends and love my family more. 


MAJOR EVENT

I got SCAMMED in a big way. These ruthless guys took no mercy on me. If you want the full gist you can DM me. Also, I met The Black Writer. She is a Christian Content Creator and Influencer. She has a beautiful heart and warm embrace. 

MAJOR SETBACK

Laziness. I could not get myself to do the tiniest things. I could not even create as much content as I would have liked to on my platforms. I kept judging myself for getting scammed on the internet and that was majorly because of the expectation I placed on myself. I felt like I was too smart to be scammed but my sister told me no one is above mistakes anyway. This was such a great setback for  me.

MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT

I started the Beauty Series I had been working on for so long on the blog. For the longest time beauty was my big insecurity. I didn't see myself the way ABBA created me. I needed peoples validation to tell me I was beautiful but I am getting over those insecurities and loving my large nostrils. 


In the month of July, I was

READING : Neville Medhora's  "This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better". I finished it in an hour or so. It was short, straight to the point and super helpful. It has changed my approach to writing tremendously. (Do you think it has changed my approach to writing?)

If you are into content creation that involves writing (i.e copywriters, editors, bloggers, influencers and the like). It is a very good read and it is short so it won't take a lot of your time. 


WRITING: I wrote a lot of plans. Content, food plans, dreams, goals, stories, different things. I use writing as a medium of expression. It helps me gather my thoughts and process them further. As a child when I got angry instead of bottling such negative emotions, I wrote and wrote instead. In the long run it made me shy away from confrontation but I was grateful to at least have a channel of expression. 


WATCHING: YouTube as always. Videos have a very strong effect on me. I am a visual learner and YouTube provides some of the best free educational content. I watched mostly Fashion, Photography and Motivational Videos anyway. I also watched Big Brother Naija. I have always been a fan and I support my girl Lucy if you're curious who my fave is.

CHANGING: Due to the scamming incident, I changed my approach to how I handle my finances, learnt to be very patient and read outside the lines. 

LOVING: The Black Writer and Pastor Adekunle Osilaja on Instagram for their amazing Christian content. 



View this post on Instagram

#𝐏𝐊𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝟏𝟎𝐏𝐌 (𝗪𝐀𝐓)⁣ 𝗪𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒⁣ Let’s settle this tongues matter⁣ ⁣ Sister C doesn’t get this tongue this and feels it’s absolute gibberish, I mean what’s the difference between roboshekeshekee and kapachumarimarichupako⁣ ⁣ Mr A believes speaking in tongues means speaking in another language since the books of Acts recorded that others heard the disciples speaking in other languages. He also believes that the purpose of tongues is to evangelize to others and that’s all there is to it⁣ ⁣ ⁣ Brother D is new to the faith and is so confused, he’s heard different things regarding speaking in tongues and the faith. All of these things have left him confused and with so many questions👇🏾⁣ ⁣ - is it compulsory to speak in tongues?⁣ ⁣ - If Some Christians speak in tongues and others don’t, is it because God loves them any less or becwuse they’re not mature Christians?⁣ ⁣ - Does speaking in tongues mean another being has possessed you to an extent where you can’t be controlled?⁣ ⁣ - we’ve seen cases in churches where people fall under the anointing without control, should the gift of tongues manifest that way so we know it’s off God?⁣ ⁣ - can non believers speak in tongues and is there anything such as speaking in demonic tongues?⁣ ⁣ - We’ve heard certain people speak against the gift of tongues, are they right? Or are they just trying to deprive us of the gift God has given us?⁣ ⁣ - why is there so much emphasis on tongues and not other spiritual gifts?⁣ ⁣ - what are the benefit of tongues and why is it important?⁣ ⁣ If you’ve ever found yourself in the same scenario as brother D, or know someone in a similar situation, join us this Friday on #PKLIVE as young @peterusikpo warms up daddy freeze 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶⁣ DO NOT FORGET TO TAG COLD DADDIES AND MUMMIES ⁣ Caption: @adarh9 #Streetpastor #kapachimarimarichupaco #marlian #daddyfreeze #frozenfather #popculture

A post shared by Adekunle | Faith & PopCulture (@adekunleosilaja) on


Kaliannakali On Pinterest for her exceptional and colorful posing tips.

Tanaka Tatsuyi for his exceptional artwork. I do not know what exactly it is that he does but whatever it is. I am absolutely loving it. 



I also love the communities I became a part of. Everything na Art, The Digital Tinker and co.



View this post on Instagram

📒✨Ebooks have now become super popular and not only are they great for lead magnets, they are a great way to share and monetise your knowledge! ⁣ ⁣ So if you have been thinking about creating an ebook or currently in the process of creating one, here are 8 great tools that will help you create interactive, easy and stylishly designed ebooks! ⁣ ⁣ 🤯🙌🏽💃🏽For more freaking DOPE and cool apps that you won’t get anywhere else, please subscribe to @digitaltinkersclub and get exclusive access to your very own content creation app resource and group of Tinkers! Plus, you can ask me anything about apps on that page! 💓 Also, if you have an ebook that you’d like the community to know about, please drop it in the comment section and I’ll share 5 on my stories!!

A post shared by The Instagram Growth Expert (@thedigitaltinker) on


WORKING: On different aspects of my brand. I am coming to you guys shortly with better and more helpful content and I am also working on my mind.


APPRECIATING: My family. They are the strongest support system a girl can ask for. My mom is so amazing. My dad is quite generous and my siblings have proven to be the best friends I could have asked for in life. 

LISTENING: To Tye Tribett. When I was so down, listening to his music blessed my heart so much. This one of my my favorite tracks. You should check it out.


Now that July has come and gone. August leaves us with a bit of curiosity as we cannot tell all that will happen in the month of August. But I am terribly hopeful that whatever comes my way I will be fine. 

PLANS FOR AUGUST 
In July, I would have had very direct plans but in August my plan is to be wiser with money, more trusting in God, be closer to my family, cherish my friends more and work very hard at my goals. I am looking forward to many testimonies by the time I write this post edition for August. 


In case you are wondering why I tell you about my past month every new month. It is so that I can keep track of my growth and the mistakes I have made. But more than that teach you to not make those mistakes too. I will be putting out a lot of helpful tips going on. 


It will be six months by 1st Septmeber since I launched this blog. I am super excited because I have seen so much growth and support from each one of you who actually reads this blog. I would have given up on the way maybe without you but you make the journey so much easier. 

So THANK YOU.

As a follow up to this post, comment the best part of this post in the comment section and write down anywhere your own version of July in a nutshell. Your lessons, achievements and so on for that month. Just as a reminder of your own growth. 

If you would like to talk or get to know me a lot better. You can always reach me on the gram. 


All my Love,
JAK.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments