KEEP WALKING

By JAK - August 23, 2021




I said in the last post that I wanted to write a post a day until my birthday. Crazily actually, the very next day, I couldn’t keep up and I did not write the post. Usually, I will just tell myself “This is your biggest issue. You are very inconsistent” but not today sha.

 

I believe that to a good extent, this has been my biggest fail. I have looked down on myself to the point where I have now become the things I earnestly dreaded.

 

I read a book by Austin Kleon "Steal like an Artist", One of the best books for creatives actually. In a particular chapter in the book, he spoke about how there is clarity in movement.

 

It made perfect sense to me especially because just about a week ago, while having a conversation with my friend, he spoke about how he had problems executing ideas and not being consistent. I concurred because I presume I face the same challenges. He however added that someone had told him he is not inconsistent because he wakes up every day, has a bath, brushes his teeth and, wears clean clothes.

 

This might seem rather irrelevant but if you think you are inconsistent, I believe that the one thing that will truly set you free is looking inward and realizing that you can be consistent in the small things, hence you can be consistent in the majors too.

 

How does this concern Johnny Walkers Slogan, Keep Walking you might ask?

 

It concerns it because for me, my biggest let down is my thinking that I am inconsistent, whereas I am here writing the second post in this challenge. I can only prove to myself that I can be consistent because with this post I have kept moving.

 

I don’t know what it is that seems very big and unsurmountable to you, but bottom line is that if you keep moving, just one small step at a time, before you know it you’ll be on the other end of the #CrateChallenge.

 

This is a charge to me as much as it is to you. Just Keep Walking, there is indeed change and better things on the other side of your journey.

 

All my Love,

JAK. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments