ME vs. ME

By JAK - August 25, 2021


Thanks so much guys. The love on my last three posts has been massive. I am very grateful for all the support.

 

22 was such a blur.

 

I can’t actually believe that in a few days it will be over. 


Getting closer to 30, you begin to feel incredible pressure and have many doubts about if you will make it or not. The hustle is real some will say.

 The worst part of 22 for me was the fact that I started visiting LinkedIn regularly - I like to refer to her as a bitch sometimes (pardon my vulgarity) but scrolling through the timeline on the platform is crazy traumatic. 

For me, Instagram is not particularly great for your mental health if you spend too much time on there but on LinkedIn just doing one minute can almost give you serious "I need to know what I am doing with my life" moments.

 

It is crazy I must say.

 

I had to reaffirm to myself that I am not in competition and even if I am the competition is between me and myself mehn. Believe it or not, regardless of how self-aware and content you are, little things can still make you feel super low and invisible.

 

These sentiments drove me back and made me search deep.

 

And so I said to myself “I am not looking at anyone else, I am looking at JAK at 21 and I am very proud of the accomplishments JAK at 22 has achieved”.

 

Thus for gratitude purposes, I listed out a few things I have achieved at 22. They’ll shock you sha. I went BIG.

1.   1.  I moved out of my Uncle’s house to live by myself. It’s hard guys not gonna lie.

2.   2.  I read at least 20 books since the beginning of the year.

3.   3.  I completed an online course under two weeks. First time in my life considering the fact that it took me one year to finish the last one.

4.   4. I learnt how to budget and stick to the budget.

5.   5.  I learnt how to ride a bicycle. I’m still on the lessons though. At least I am trying sha.

 

There are many more things, things I will share at the right time.  My point is that your growth is the most important achievement that you can attain. When I say growth, I mean the fact that you are showing up and trying your best. 

 

Greater jobs, more money and fancier luxury might seem like the ideal yardstick for measuring growth and achievement but these small and seemingly insignificant wins are also a big growth indicator if you ask me.

 

I am excited for 23. I can already see greater growth brewing.

 

This post is not complete without you measuring some things you have achieved in the last year. Small and seemingly irrelevant changes that when you put them together amount to a lot of achievements. If you are comfortable enough, you can drop some of them in the comment section too.

 

I believe I am about to have a jolly ride with you good fellows so please stay tuned and make sure to follow my journey. I will be dropping gems.

 

All my Love,

JAK. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments