THOSE DAYS WHEN IT IS HARD

By JAK - August 23, 2021

  




I woke up this morning

A feeling I had not sensed in a long time

A chill that ran through my spine

It was the feeling of waking up satisfied

My sleep was a fairytale

My dream was music to my ears

I had had a magical night

 

I woke up this morning

I faced reality yet again

I punched the demon of anger

I Set free my tormented emotions

“Cry if you want to cry I yelled”

The stubbornness within her yelled back

“Í won’t”

 

I woke up this morning

I had been deceived

I felt like the emotion you wake up with

That same emotion would carry your day

I’m bruised

Why then do you ask

“Did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed”

 

I wanted to write a fantabulous post. Something deep probably but words failed me. That is a lie actually. I just wrote a piece. A piece about how the early hours of my morning were. It was a hard day, I won’t lie. One I did not think will end on such a chilled note.

 

That’s the craziness that is this life actually. One minute, it is smiles and love, the next it is fights and drought. I have experienced my fair share of ups and downs in my glorious 22 years this side of the universe.

 

It is because of this confidence of uncertainty that I opine that on those days when it is really hard, look up and look at the days when it will be really nice.

 

Life does not happen in a straight line, more of a wavy line but regardless, after the hard day comes, a better day follows.

 

I am really looking forward to 23. Can you tell?

 

All my Love,

JAK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments