10 FAVORITE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS

By JAK - September 17, 2021



What is a long-ass birthday challenge without talking about small details that makes me me? 

I decided to share with you all my top 10 favorite Instagram accounts at the moment. These accounts inspire my style, my mind, or educate me generally. The list is based on the first ten accounts that came to mind when I wanted to write this post. 

Also, my taste keeps changing. It can easily move from here to there tomorrow. 

My favorite accounts today are as follows:

1.  6 POSTERS @6posters

I love this page because of their minimalist designs and one line messages that hit the right spot. I am mostly about personal development, design and mental awareness/education. This page is my Number one because it contains everything I love in one place. 

Did you know that black and white can be both minimalist and maximalist?


2. MMAXINE WYLDE @_mmaxinewylde 

My style is mostly colorful and daring. I love when you can seemingly close your eyes, pick out two pieces of clothing, put them on and wear the confidence to slay the look. Fashion is not that simple but Mmaxine makes pattern mixing and color blocking the most exciting thing in the world. I love her style so much and she is top on my list when it comes to accounts I look forward to seeing. 


3. RUPI KAUR @rupikaur_

If you do not know Rupi, I promise you, you have been sleeping on a bicycle. Rupi is one of the most brilliant poets I know on Instagram. Her short and direct messages leave you waiting for the next post. I believe that poetry should be clear and concise, it does not have to be all about ambiguity. Rupi does justice to this concept and If you know me then you'll know that I do poetry as well. She is number three on my list because I look forward to her posts all the time. What a privilege!


4.  ADVICE @advice

As the name implies, they provide sound advice. I cannot say I agree with all they say 100% of the time but I do close to 99% of the time. I love education and sound advice is a form of education.


5. SEED AMBITION @seedambition 

I am a firm believer that I can see much further by standing on the shoulders of those who have gone before me. Andrea Iyamah is the CEO and founder of Andrea Iyamah, a beautiful and fast growing womens wear brand. She is quite young and has been in business for nearly 10 years. As an aspiring designer, I am always at a loss of words when the people I look up to create platforms where they can teach the young ones out of the wealth of knowledge they have. Seed Ambition is an educational forum where she teaches creatives what to do with their seed ambition.


6. SOLOMON BUCHI @solomon_buchi 

Sarcasm and Jak go hand in hand. I love an outspoken person with huge blend of sarcasm. Solomon is super direct and does not speak to please anybody. He shakes tables with his full chest and armors up for whatever lashes he might get. I believe that if there is something you want to achieve but have not gotten to where you are going, you can applaud those who have arrived there or help to push their vehicles in support for what they are doing. I appreciate the work he does with women empowerment and calling out both genders when they do wrong.  


7. SLIP IN TO STYLE @slipintostyle

I just love her style. She came to mind and I said she's definitely going to be on my list. 


8. J'ÁIME TOUT CHEZ TOI @jaimetoutcheztoi 

Translated to mean I love Everything About You, Alice and JS are my favorite fashion couple. I am looking forward to having a super stylish husband by the way and I will be taking applications. Hahah Joking.  I love it whenever I see two stylish people who have also been joined in Holy Matrimony. It fulfills a major fantasy I hope to bring to life with my partner. These guys make me whimper whenever they release a new post. Their style is effortlessly beautiful. 


9.WE THE URBAN @wetheurban

Good vibes and positive energy to get you having a much better day. I love them for the simplicity of their delivery and for the color orange. 


10. OLIVIA AND ALICE @oliviaandalice 

These duo made it to the list because of my sister @myvhantagepoint. My sister is a fashion diva and I just love it when I see two uber fashionable sisters. Olivia and Alice refer t themselves as a London Fashion Sisters. I love their individual styles and love it even more together. 


Curating this content was very fun especially because it was personal and shows a little bit of who I really am. I hope with this short list of mine, I have been able to show you the accounts I look forward to when I scroll through my Instagram feed.

I am really curious to know your favorite accounts as well. Leave just one of your favorite accounts down in the comment section and I will check them out too. I hope this post was interesting. 


Till next time,

All my Love,

JAK 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments