DO YOU!

By JAK - September 19, 2021


 Hi guys, 

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is supposed to be the end of my birthday Challenge. I started on the 21st of August and it seemed like tomorrow will never come. Fast forward to 29 days later and we are here. 

Thank you to everyone that had read one post or the other and has engaged. I am very grateful for the love and support. If you haven't read the posts before this one, Please do. I promise you will learn a thing or two. I somewhat poured my heart into these posts. 

I have been shouting at the top of my lungs that I am so excited that I have been impressively consistent on this journey. It has been a whole 29 days. I could not write on some days due to factors beyond my control but the thing that shocked me was my resilience to continue regardless. I guess you do not stop bathing just because you missed one day.

One big thing with the consistency is that it has helped me watch myself and recognize patterns. The things I need to focus on and the things I need to drop along the journey. 

I often tell myself that I have an old man's brain or something. I love ancient things a lot. I love style, music, aesthetics from the last 50 decades more than those we have now. While I believe strongly in growth and progress a lot, the old school has my heart set on it. 

In that light, I tend to prefer hard cover to soft cover, Writing by hand to typing, board games to internet games, old school music to new school. LOL.

While writing the blog post marathon, I realized that whenever I did not put down a written plan on actual paper about what I wanted to do for each post I had anxiety when writing the post even though I had a mental map of how I want the post to go.

I was mostly bothered about the anxiety because it caused me to want to finish as fast as possible and deprived me of enjoying the writing process which I enjoy so much. 

As the days went by, I decided it was time to retire from my coconut head ways and DO ME.

I started somewhat writing my whole post on paper before proceeding to write on the blog. Call me mad or a time waster but I was rid of my anxiety. It gave me the peace and courage to write better. 

I felt so much better, I was less anxious, spent more time writing, became more articulate and overall blogged better. 

If you follow what others are doing just because it is the more popular option, you will put yourself in trouble more times than not. Now, this is not dogma and might work that way for some people but my point is, if it does not work that way for you, have no fear and do what works best for you.

One big lesson from my 22nd year around the sun is that when you do you, you have less regrets and even if you have regrets you find it a bit better to take the hit with your full chest. 

When making big decisions and small ones alike, I will urge you to pause for a second and evaluate the following questions:
1. Why am I doing this?
2. Why am I doing it this way?
3. Is this how I want to do it?
4. Is this or that the best way that works for me?
5. Am I subconsciously being influenced by popular opinion?

There are times when it might make sense to follow popular opinion, in those cases do so but learn to also prioritize your preference and choice. You are unique and have all you need to make the best out of your life. 

It has been real guys,
Thanks for going through the 22nd with me. 

All my Love, 
JAK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments