A LETTER TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL

By JAK - September 20, 2021

 


Yesterday night, I read the letter I addressed to myself last year to read today. I felt so warm on the inside. It felt like traveling back in time. God, I have grown.

Today is supposed to be the last day of my birthday challenge but I still have some posts left which I haven't written. We move regardless.

I felt so happy that a lot of things I wrote to myself last year, praying and wishing for in my 22nd year found full expression. It is with this energy that I have decided to write another one for my 23rd year to be opened on my 24th. 

This letter is a response to the letter I wrote last year telling, my 21-year-old self that I indeed grew or failed or whatever else I did or did not do.

Dear JAK,

How are you today? I hope you're having a swell day. I am indeed much better than when we last corresponded. Unfortunately, I was not as consistent as we both hoped in the gym. I worked out though for a while. 

I moved out to live by myself. It has been amazing. I have loved the experience. I also got super responsible. It has been 9 months now since I started staying by myself. 

I now have a much better financial approach to life and started budgeting. I am not eating so well but I am getting better. I have built a stronger relationship with the girls and I met awesome people like Davids and others. 

I got a new job. Did I tell you how amazing it is? I am enjoying myself so much. I am in a much better place with my trust and with the folks. There has been so much growth babe. I love me so much more and I am making moves. 

The best part that made me really happy was the fact that I have been super serious with the blog. That was more than the motivation I needed to start walking actively towards my dream.

It has been a wild but beautiful ride. I am so grateful that you believe in me. It has kept me going so much. I am so excited for what 23 will bring.

We will see again same time, next year God willing. I love you so much, girl. Have a blast too. 

Yours Truly,
JAK at 23.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments