I AM SHOWING JESUS

By JAK - September 03, 2021




Thanks so much, guys for the love on the last two posts. 


Your consistent support is overwhelming. You make this decision and journey absolutely worth it. I wrote out an entirely different post earlier in the day but so much has happened within the space of 7 hours since I wrote the post. 


My day was nice. Let me give you a small glimpse into what some days are like in my life. 

I woke up and checked the time on my phone. It read 6:50. I nodded and got out of bed. As I walked to get my kettle to boil some hot water to bath. I got quite distracted by some neighbors. I left my house a little riled up some 1 hour 30 minutes later.

I walked to my junction while drizzles of annoying Lagos dropped on my bucket hat and shoulders. I kept muttering to myself "I have no idea what I have done to this rain people oh". I got to the junction of my estate, got on a bus, and headed to work. 

After alighting the bus, I walked a short distance and saw a colleague of mine who asked that I wait by the estate gate for the company driver to give us a lift. I got to work in one piece and finally decided to settle in for work. 

I listened to a message and wrote the proposed blog post for today. While listening to the message I got distracted and started talking about things that do not really concern me. 

At about 2pm, I was fed up with how much time I had wasted talking about Boma and Tega from BBN and decided to go visit...


To be Contd. 


My day was generally okay. Nothing too eventful but there was a big takeaway from the message I listened to. If you would like to listen as well. Watch here.


We studied the story of Joseph and talked about what happens when you're not living anything close to the dream you had. I won't spill the tea. I would love you to watch the message yourself because it was a very important message. 

However, one thing I would like to state is that while we are here on earth as believers, our primary purpose is to show Jesus in whatever capacity we find ourselves. 

I began with the story of my day at work because I wanted you to see that my job is not necessarily the biggest and greatest role in the world and getting distracted and wasting time comes with the role sometimes. 

Now, I am someone who likes the idea of being busy. I like it when I'm occupied with tasks that make me feel as though I am changing the world. 

My job often makes me feel like I am not doing the most but I am learning that he who is faithful in little will be definitely faithful in much. So, I have changed my mindset about my job. Instead of seeing it as a small role, I see it as a role where I can serve and show the excellence that Christ demands in every way possible. 

I am grateful and content in my process and journey just like Joseph. 


Bottom line, I believe that we have a responsibility to show Jesus. Do not let your current status make you feel like you can't really do much because at the least - You can show Jesus. 

That's all from me today guys. Have a fab weekend. 

All my love,

JAK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments