NEVER GIVE UP

By JAK - September 24, 2021

 



Hi guys,

This is the last post in the birthday challenge series. It is just me drawing a few lessons from the experience and charging you to keep going regardless. 

The joy I feel right now can be equated to having $1 billion dollars in my account. I feel super successful and cannot believe I actually came to the end of this experience. 

I remember when I started it, I had just read a book by Blessing Abeng where she interviewed Seth Godin and he shared wisdom on Starting and Quitting. I had just learned what true consistency meant and I was determined to prove to myself that I could and would stay consistent for 30 days which in turn meant was going to be writing for a long time. 

It is the hardest challenge I have ever undergone but the joy and fulfillment that actually comes with finishing a task is absolutely worth it.  

I will outline all the posts here, to give you access to my birthday challenge catalog. Your support and engagement have been incredible. I could not have gone as far as I have gone now without your consistent support. For that, I say a big Thank You.

The Posts in order of how I wrote them are:

A Letter to my 23- Year old self

Keep Walking

Those Days When It is Hard 

ME vs. Me

Come and Go

Feeling Ladipoe ft. Buju

It has been God all the way 

The Circle 

LOST

One Step at A Time

The D.E.V.I.L. Made Me Do It

Defining Moments: August In A Nutshell

A Tribute to my dear Sister

I am Showing Jesus

22 Lessons from 22

Creativity is Subtraction

Every Post I Have Ever Written

Once Upon A Time

10 Favorite Instagram Accounts

DO YOU!

My Favorite Looks from The Met Gala

Who Is Jak?

Don't Jump. Take the Stairs 

A Letter to the Birthday Girl

Introducing The Jaktionary

Self-Forgiveness

On Consistency

Why I Bother With Doing Me

On Sharing

Never Give Up


The Lessons have been profound as well. I am sure you will see a lot of them while reading some of these posts but the most profound of the lot has been.

1. You deserve more credit because every phase is preparing you for that phase. 

2. The dots will connect moving forward not going backward.

3. When it gets hard, take a break but set an alarm for when you must get up and continue.

4. No two days are the same. They come with different intensities of Joy and Sorrow.

5. Let the Holy Spirit always Lead you.

6. There is something you are great at, find it and utilize it as much as you can.

7. Planning and Strategy is an inestimable quality, develop it regardless. 

8. Tell the stories you want to hear, write the posts you want to read.

9. Never lose yourself and the reason you started in the first place.

10. When learning to ride a bicycle, once you've pedaled for a short mile, you can absolutely go for a long mile. In essence, regardless of where you are, once you start moving, the journey gets easier. 


I had fun creating this content and the best part was the last couple of days. I could not find the motivation to finish. I had to get back to my drawing book and change some topics but it was all with it in the end. I am grateful for the experience generally.

It is a wrap guys. Thanks for going on this journey with me.


All my Love,

JAK



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments